Thursday, October 14, 2010

My 4 month old




Its weird, from month 2-3 we saw so many changes...now from month 3-4 not too many new things have come about...he's just fine tuning all his abilities! He talks a lot more now and louder! Especially when he wants your attention. For example, when gas is moving and he's about to poopie, he's hungry or tired. He talks real loud! He is sleeping 9-12 hrs a night and eats 6oz- growing every day!! He smiles alot more now and squeals (esp when he sees me after I have been working or he's been sleeping) but still no belly laughs :(

He is so smart tho, I believe we don't give him enough credit. He is fully aware of everything going on and what he likes and doesn't like. It was probably a month ago or so and it just hit me when I came home from work that he wanted me to connect with him. I came home and didn't say hi or acknowledge him and he was staring right at me as if to say 'mom, over here! i missed you!' It was then that I realized how important it is to hug and kiss him goodbye, goodnight and hello and how much he needs that from his momma. If Eli and I seem to be intensely discussing something, like married people do sometimes, the baby will start to whine and cry in disapproval. When nursing him, if I am talking too much he will latch off and look up at me until I stop talking then go back to eating and repeat this process if I continue to talk.

He is so inquisitive and curious about stuff- and he can hardly even coordinate his hands to make them go where he wants them to go yet! sometimes, i think i forget he's a baby tho, like today with his dump truck...he was having such a great time figuring out just what to do with it. He definitely can tell cause and effect and seems to love trying to figure out how stuff works.



 He pays attention to details now- cars driving by, the ring on my hand, people talking, expressions on our face- and he responds to it. He really seems to like to go out and about and do stuff- just stay active! That's why our afternoon walks are so fun, he loves to get out, look around, feel the wind and sun. Just go on an adventure! Today for the first time he held on to both sides of the stroller while i pushed him, (i will have to get a pic) kinda like he was just going for a ride and saying, 'giddee up momma! I got lots to see today!' Can't wait until he starts moving...i will probably loose my extra 20lbs from chasing him around trying to keep up!


He loves to play with his daddy!
Also, as you can see, we have started drooling.....a lot!

His fingers must taste really good because he is always shoving them in his mouth! He would like to probably start chewing on toys but he is still figuring out how to get them up to his mouth and keep them there. But he is definitely trying and exploring with putting his tongue on stuff, again he is very similar to a puppy at this age :) I put my finger in his mouth today for only the second time....haha. Its just really weird to me. And not to mention it took me a while to get used to his big toothless, gummy smile it kinda weirded me out at first....hahahaha...don't worry i am now in love with it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment